WRITING I have twenty years experience in publishing, five traditionally published and distributed books, ten Kindle books, as well as having presented workshops on publishing across the country (from Monterrey, CA, to New York City, NY). In addition I am the founder of Rosebud, a national literary magazine, and the literary editor of Wisconsin People & Ideas.
The most exciting thing you need to know is not my past, but that there is a revolution taking place in books and book sales. The major publishers are collapsing and the bookstore chains, such as Borders, closing. So what! They never helped you or me, anyway.
But now, thanks to the Internet and new printing technology, the playing field has flattened out. As one business book proclaimed, “It is no longer the small versus the big; it is the fast versus the slow.” I am here to help you facilitate that change to your advantage. You could do this by yourself, but why? If you are a writer, write. Let me take care of the packaging and the publishing. I will put what I have learned to work for you.
I offer six distinct services. Use one or use them all. The process couldn’t be simpler. By next week you can be a published writer. Here are the critical services and their guaranteed, fixed price costs:
- I will post your book on Kindle or Nook. You simply send me the Word file and a jpeg of the cover…$200 (was $300).
- Manuscript fine-tuning. I go over your work page by page and help with suggestions on how to make it more appealing to readers and editors…$700 for 200 pages or less; $1,200 for 201 to 450 pages. (During January and February 2012, I will cut this to $500 and $700).
- Cover design. 80% of a person’s decision to read (buy) a book depends on the cover. Let me give yours POW! Graphics and full color, including tag line…$250.
- Publish on Demand. Hard copies. You pay the $3.50 per copy price for hardcopy printed books with library spines whether you order 1 or several thousand. My cost for doing all the leg work is $350 (formerly $500).
- Press Releases. I will provide a press release for your book that will be in a form never ignored by the media. You send it to local papers, regional magazines, or specialized national publications (like Library Journal). Follow up with a phone call and wait for the orders to come in on amazon.com (I will show you how to get a free listing there)…Now only $200
- As an introduction I will anlayze fifteen pages of your manuscript (fiction, nonfiction, poetry) for only $60. Most of the time this is enough to give me a strong indication of the strengths and weaknesses of the entire manuscript. That may be all you need.
If you have any quentions or want to discuss any of these options send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet give me a call: 608-608-235-2377 (cell). Make your dream a reality today! Put a professional on your team and make it happen.